PRE-PRODUCTION STAGE ISSUES AND THE EXPERIENCE GAINED THROUGH IT
Considering the fact that we've had a lot of problems throughout the pre-production stage, the production then was quite difficult and a little bit improvised. We were very disappointed to having to change our first idea, as the actress cancelled on us three times and our filming schedule was delayed. We wouldn't manage to film the whole thing in such a short time which is why we switched to something easier. However, I believe it was a great experience and lesson for us and I'm quite happy that some things didn't go as easy as thought it would be. We've learned a lot about how we should prepare ourselves for the production in the future. Even though we put a lot of effort into it I believe we could've done so much better if we planned more. I think that the first day of filming, although the footage went to waste, was a huge challenge for me as a director. I had to deal with the problem of not having an actress for the main character on the most important shooting day. I had the equipment, the whole crew and the actor on set and I couldn't just cancel everything. Me and my producer, Glendha, talked this through and decided to give it a try. We filmed all the scenes with the man, so the audience won't be able to see the lack of the other character in the room. Then we were supposed to film her scenes on the other day. As unfortunately she cancelled on us twice afterwards, we couldn't wait any longer.
BEHIND THE SCENES OF "CLAUSTROPHOBIA" PRODUCTION
On Wednesday was our filming day and this time everything went well. Me and Glendha met in the morning to prepare ourselves for a big day. Then the actress and the crew came and we starter preparing the set. The beginning was the hardest, as usual. We weren't sure about some little details but luckily we sorted everything. Marko did a great job, as our DOP, but I need to thank our helper, Zek, who took up the 1st AC role. Without him we wouldn't be able to finish filming on that day. First we did a couple of rehearsal shots and then we started filming. I was very happy with the actress as her actions were following the images perfectly. Besides, she really got the idea and was able to act the way we've wanted her to act. Shooting went really well the whole day and we managed to finish the whole thing the same day.
POST-PRODUCTION AND EDITING
Luckily, in spite of the whole schedule delay, we still had a couple of days to edit. We've talked to our editors, Rudi Leandro, a couple of days before and we decided to edit over the weekend. Before the editing I went through the footage a couple of times and tried to do some editing for myself, just to see how it looks and make sure how I want it to look like in the final version. After discussing it with Glendha we decided to keep only this one shot. We've had a lot of beautiful shots from different angles, but then we noticed some troubles with continuity and for the good of the film we kept this one shot in a final version. We met Rudi on Friday and explained him everything, how we want it to look like and what we expect from him. He searched through the footage once again, gave us some useful advices and started working on it. As we only used one shot the editing of the image went quite quickly. Then we started working on a sound. I gave him the music, I've found before and he took care of finding the sound effects. We met again on Sunday, so we could finish the sound editing and put the credits. After seeing the final version I was very happy with his work, especially sound, as he did it exactly how I've imagined it to be.